Nigerian Army reacts to Boko Haram attack on Borno Gov, Zulum

0
36
Zulum
Nigerian Army reacts to Boko Haram attack on Borno Gov, Zulum

The Nigerian Army has spoken to Borno State Governor Babagana Zulum about the Boko Haram attack.

The incident occurred in Baga on Wednesday.

Army spokesman, Sagir Musa, said earlier in a statement on Thursday, Zulum visited the Nigerian Army Super Camp commander 19 brigade where he was briefed on the security situation.

Musa noted that details of the incident were still “sketchy”.

Also Read:  Edo State gives update on Convid-19 out break

He announced that investigation has commenced while efforts are ongoing to comb the area, “with a view to track down and deal decisively with the attackers.”

The official described the onslaught as an isolated one.

The Army claimed that normalcy had been restored in Baga, “With socio-economic activities picking up.”

The statement told Nigerians that the incident was being investigated in order to avoid possible recurrence.

Also Read:  Breaking: Kidnapper Evans Sentenced To Death By Hanging

Musa said the military will continue to discharge its responsibilities professionally and respect fundamental human rights. information

The citizens of Baga and Borno have been ordered to continue providing security agencies with reliable information.

ALSO READ: Akeredolu ’s burden of reconciliation in Ondo APC

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here