Newcastle 2-3 Liverpool: What Newcastle boss said after defeat

0
146

Newcastle boss, Rafael Benitez

Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez has said his side’s 2-3 defeat to Liverpool was as a result of few mistakes that thronged in unnoticed to them.

Newcastle United held Jurken klopp’s Liverpool to a 2-2 draw on Saturday until Divock Origi headed in a late winning goal four minutes to stoppage time to ensure his side press on to see if they will be favored with the League title this season.

And Benitez said he was impressed though they missed a chance to secure a point.

Also Read:  Former Chelsea coach Conte appointed new Inter manager

“I’m really proud because it was a difficult game against a very good team but the players gave everything. The fans appreciate that and were behind the team, we couldn’t ask for more.

”We made a few mistakes at set-pieces but in terms of effort and desire we did quite well. We are trying to make sure we don’t make so many mistakes. I don’t know about the third goal but the first two we can do much better.

Also Read:  What Everton boss said after his side gave United a miserable 4-0 defeat

”We have been quite consistent, working really hard as a team and as a unit, staying very compact. I think we did quite well and knew exactly what we needed to do. It was a great performance from us.

Also speaking about his future at the club, Benitez said: ”We have been talking the last week and hopefully in one or two weeks we will have more news, he added.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here