Newcastle manager, Steve Bruce has issued a warning to Manchester United over Sean Longstaff, stating the midfielder is not for sale.
The 21-year-old midfielder made his Premier League breakthrough last season and has since then been United’s long target, with Newcastle demanding £50m for him.
He was involved in the second-half against Preston on Saturday as Newcastle lost 2-1.
But after the game, Bruce made it clear he would not be exiting St. James’ Park this window.
”You never want to lose your best young players, and I think we’ve made it pretty evident that we won’t,’ Bruce told Sky Sports News.
”We’re concentrating on Sean now, getting his knee right. It’s his 10th or 11th training session since he hurt his knee.
”I’ll just repeat what the owner said – he’s not for sale.’
Bruce made his first addition as Newcastle manager when he broke the club’s transfer record to sign Joelinton for £40m.