Atlético Madrid CEO Miguel Ángel Gil Marín has revealed that Antoine Griezmann move to Barcelona this season as he nears deal completion.
The 27-year-old striker had informed the club he will end his five-year spell with Los Rojiblancos amid reported interest from the likes of Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain,but the destination of the World Cup winner was quite not known though rumored around neighborhood.
The Catalans were keen about making a move for Griezmann on recommendations from few senior figures in the dressing room, including Lionel Messi, as well as the idea of the club bringing Neymar Jr back to Camp Nou.
And now Atlético Madrid CEO Miguel Ángel Gil Marín has confirmed Antoine Griezmann’s move to Barcelona this summer. According to him, the move is an open secret as the club has known for a while now.
“We known since last March that Griezmann is going to Barcelona”, Gil Marin reportedly told Sport.
According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona will make a swoop for Griezmann when his release clause drops to £105 million on July 1. The French attacker is expected to accept the personal terms he agreed with Barcelona before his move broke down last year.
”Antoine Griezmann to Barcelona, here we go! Gil Marin, Atlético Madrid CEO, has just confirmed the deal: “We know since last March that Griezmann is going to Barcelona”, he told to Sport. The agreement is reached as… https://t.co/qY7trv3XUZ