Their relatives and staff have also been taken out of captivity. They’ve all regained freedom on Saturday morning.
It is not clear whether ransom was paid for their release. SPORTYWAP gathered that the victims would be taken to the Government House in Minna.
The bandits threatened to hold them as long as they wanted, if the government failed to meet their demands.
The bandits, wearing military uniforms, stormed the school last week. 27 students, 12 relatives and 3 staff were seized.
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) condemned the recent kidnappings on Friday. The opposition deplored the latest incident at the Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, in Zamfara State.
The PDP said the kidnapping of bandits had become a venture under President Muhammad Buhari’s administration.
Kola Ologbondiyan, the spokesperson, said in a statement earlier that the party had been alerted to the link between the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the outlaws.
“It is unforgivable that the APC has not been able to rein in their bandits, whom they brought from neighboring countries to help them strengthen the momentum of the 2019 elections.”
Ologbondiyan said instead that the APC allowed them to continue to invade communities and to ravage Nigerians.
The party noted that acts of terrorism had validated concerns that the ruling APC and its administration had not been resolved.
The PDP said that the kidnapping of school children and other vulnerable people for ransom turned lucrative due to “the lethargic approach and compromises under the Buhari administration.”
And the party oredered president buhari to leave Aso Rock presidential villa and ensure immediate rescue of 300 abducted.